Belmont Boatworks was designed and built for the most efficient boat handling of vessels both power and sail, up to 65’ in the industry. From our humble start as a small carpentry shop and one work space, we have grown our facility to over 38,000 square feet. The buildings are engineered for service and maintenance of vessels made of wood, fiberglass, composite, and steel. Your vessel will enjoy seven large heated work spaces and a specialized paint bay for all your finish needs. We have 24,000 square feet available of affordable indoor storage and outdoor storage for your vessel, spars, trailer and gear
Our work bays include:
- A spacious customized carpentry shop available to manage your structural restoration or fine interior joinery. Our clean carpentry floor is our welcome mat for your next project.
- Our well tooled mechanical bay and crew bring decades of industry experience to your engine repower, outboard service, or systems upgrades and maintenance.
- A paint bay specifically designed for eliminating the dust from your finish work, including a purpose built spar bay to handle your mast and rigging needs.
- 8000 square feet of secure indoor wet storage space to accommodate wooden boats throughout the off season. A spring fed irrigated space was specifically engineered to regulate the humidity through the year.
- An interior 4000 pound capacity monorail crane for removing your vessel from the trailer for seasonal bottom paint, repowering your vessel, and allowing us to accommodate second floor storage.
- A waterfront presence to handle your Spring launching, Fall hauling, and rigging with our 15 ton crane truck.
In addition, our work bays include an indoor 4 ton monorail crane for the heavy lifting around here, a keel pit for centerboard inspections, a wash down basin for the fall season. We could keep going, although you should come by meet the crew, the dogs, grab a cup of coffee and ask for a tour of your vessel’s new home on Penobscot Bay.
Our facilities are awaiting your requests, so contact us today, and let us know how we can help.